Welcome to class 7.
Mrs. McKitten and Miss. Holcroft are our teachers in Class 7 and they work together to create a positive and happy learning environment which encourages independence and resilience.
During the Autumn term, our history topic focuses on the Stone Age through to the Iron Age as we explore the question ‘Who First Lived in Britain?’ We will be investigating who lived in Britain during prehistoric times and in design and technology, we will get the opportunity to design and make our own Stone Age dwelling which will link to our first independent learning project of the year. In geography, we will be learning how a mountain is made and in art, we will be drawing for different purposes, such as cartoon strips, sketches and diagrams.
In the Spring term, our history topic is ‘Why were the Romans so powerful and what did we learn from them?’ This exciting topic will take us on a journey back in time to the life of the Romans. In Art, we will be creating Roman mosaics and in D.T, we are able to design and create a Roman Aqueduct! In geography this term, we will be investigating what makes the earth angry and will learn all about earthquakes and volcanoes. In science we will no doubt have lots of fun when we attempt to answer the question, ‘Can I throw my own shadow?’
Our final history topic of the year during the Summer term is ‘Why did the Anglo Saxons settle in Britain and what impact did they have?’ In D.T, we will be exploring Anglo-Saxon bread recipes and will be designing and making our own delicious bread! In geography, we will be looking at how the River Wear was formed and why is it such an important feature of our region. In R.E, we will be submerged in the life of a Hindu as we explore how charity is shown in the Hindu community.
- Please ensure your child’s name is inside all of their uniform including PE kit and shoes.
- We use Class Dojo to set homework, award team points and communicate with parents. Please ensure you are signed up to Class Dojo using the parent code provided. For more information please click here.
- For further information about the homework your child will be set please click here
- Teachers will update Class Dojo with details of your child’s PE day.
- Pupils should come to school appropriately dressed for P.E. in either school kit (red t-shirt, black shorts/leggings/trousers), or other suitable clothes including t-shirt, shorts or tracksuit bottoms that follow PE kit guidelines. Footwear can include plimsols, trainers or barefoot (depending on the suitability of the activity).
- All children must bring a water bottle from home and take it home at night to clean and refill- please ensure names are on all bottles.
- All children are provided with a red book bag which they should bring to school each day.
- Pupils are asked to read at least 3 times a week at home and should submit their reading diary via Class Dojo.