Welcome to class 7.
Hello everyone! Welcome to Class 7! Mrs. Henry and I are really looking forward to a super year ahead with our Year 3 class. We have lots of interesting things to learn about this year and will hopefully be going on some exciting educational visits too!
This term we will be learning investigating the question ‘Who First Lived in Britain?’ through work on the Stone Age and the Iron Age. In Geography, we will be looking at how Mountains are made and exploring what life is like in The Himalayas. In Design and Technology, we will be making 3D models of Stone Age dwellings and in Art we will be looking at different illustrators to enable us to illustrate our favourite scene from our favourite book. This will also link to our first Independent Learning Project of the year!
During the Spring Term, we will be learning about the Romans and thinking about the impact they had on Britain. This will also link to our Design and Technology and Art work as we will be creating our own Roman Mosaics and an building an Aqueduct! In Geography this term, we will be investigating Earthquakes and Volcanoes. Also, during PE, we will be playing Handball and doing some Dancing!
During our final term we will be studying the Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings. This will also link to our Design and Technology as we will be following some recipes from Anglo-Saxon times. In Geography, we will be learning all about the River Wear and studying why it is important to our region. In RE we will be looking at Pilgrimages across different faiths and taking part in a whole school celebration all about Diversity. In Music, we will be looking at both Disco and Classical types of music and exploring different topics/issues through our Philosophy for Children discussions.
We hope we all have a fantastic year together! From Mrs Case
- Please ensure your child’s name is inside all of their uniform including PE kit and shoes.
- We use Class Dojo to set homework, award team points and communicate with parents. Please ensure you are signed up to Class Dojo using the parent code provided. For more information please click here.
- For further information about the homework your child will be set please click here
- Teachers will update Class Dojo with details of your child’s PE day.
- Pupils should come to school appropriately dressed for P.E. in either school kit (red t-shirt, black shorts/leggings/trousers), or other suitable clothes including t-shirt, shorts or tracksuit bottoms that follow PE kit guidelines. Footwear can include plimsols, trainers or barefoot (depending on the suitability of the activity).
- All children must bring a water bottle from home and take it home at night to clean and refill- please ensure names are on all bottles.
- All children are provided with a red book bag which they should bring to school each day.
- Pupils are asked to read at least 3 times a week at home and should submit their reading diary via Class Dojo.