Welcome to Class 6
Welcome to Class 6. We are a mixed Year 2 and Year 3 class and the teacher is Miss Elwick. We are going to have an exciting year together, with lots of interesting new topics to learn about!
Autumn ‘Why is Autumn a season of remembrance?’
We’re going to be looking back into the past to find out why we remember Guy Fawkes, and why Remembrance Day is important. During this term we are also finding out about the world’s oceans and seas and will use this to inspire our artwork.
Spring ‘How can one person change the world?’
During our work this term we will learn about an important lady called Rosa Parks and why her actions were important. We will also be thinking about the area where we live and will investigate some of the important features of County Durham. In our DT lessons we will try out the tricky skill of sewing!
Summer ‘Could we turn our classroom into a museum?
Our summer term topic will involve a study of how technology in our homes has changed over the years. Do the things in your home today look like the things your grandparents had when they were children? We are also going to enjoy investigating the nature around us in our science lessons and will use this to create our own sculptures.
- Please ensure your child’s name is inside all of their uniform including PE kit and shoes.
- We use Class Dojo to set homework, award team points and communicate with parents. Please ensure you are signed up to Class Dojo using the parent code provided. For more information please click here.
- For further information about the homework your child will be set please click here
- Teachers will update Class Dojo with details of your child’s PE day.
- Pupils should come to school appropriately dressed for P.E. in either school kit (red t-shirt, black shorts/leggings/trousers), or other suitable clothes including t-shirt, shorts or tracksuit bottoms that follow PE kit guidelines. Footwear can include plimsols, trainers or barefoot (depending on the suitability of the activity).
- All children must bring a water bottle from home and take it home at night to clean and refill- please ensure names are on all bottles.
- All children are provided with a red book bag which they should bring to school each day.
- Pupils are asked to read at least 3 times a week at home and should submit their reading diary via Class Dojo.