Welcome to Class 5
Hi everyone! Welcome to Class 5. I can’t wait to be your teacher this year! We are going to have lots of fun in school with our friends this year. We have lots of exciting things to learn about!
This term we are going to be thinking about the Key Question: What is special about County Durham?
I am sure you will agree that there are lots of things which are special about where we live! During this term we are also going to be exploring castles and cathedrals. We are even going to try and make our own moving picture books! How exciting!
This term we are going to be thinking about the Key Question: How different would my life be if I lived in Africa?
This term, we are going to be studying the life of an inspirational lady called Rosa Parks. We will learn a lot about her and I think we will learn a lot from her too. We are also going to be doing some sewing and producing some fantastic art work inspired by the continent of Africa!
This term we are going to be thinking about the Key Question: How have holidays changed over the years?
This is a very exciting topic to study over the summer term. We are going to be comparing holidays today to holidays during Victorian times and holidays during the 1950s. I wonder what changes we will see! We are also going to making some kites of our very own during this term.
- Books – We are also going to be reading lots of lovely books this year. Some of them will include: Diary of a Killer Cat, George’s Marvellous Medicine, The Sheep Pig and Zog. George’s Marvellous Medicine is one of my favourite stories and I know you’re going to love it too!
- PE will usually be on a Monday. Children should come to school in their PE kit on that day and ensure any ear-rings are removed or taped over.
- Please ensure your child’s name is inside all of their uniform including PE kit and shoes.
- Due to the continued situation with COVID-19 we are asking children not to bring bags or items from home into school.
- All children must bring a water bottle from home and take it home at night to clean and refill- please ensure names are on all bottles.
- At present we are unable to send reading books home, please continue to encourage your child to read at least 3 times per week.
- From September 2020 we will be using Class Dojo to set homework, award team points and communicate with parents. For more information please click here
- For further information about the homework your child will be set please click here