Welcome to Class 10!
Welcome to Class 10. We are a mixed Year 4 and Year 5 class. Our teacher is Mrs Egglestone and Mrs Smith and Mrs Suter are our teaching assistants. We work together to create a positive and happy learning environment which encourages independence and resilience.
During the Autumn term, our history topic is ‘What were the wonders of Ancient Egypt?’ This exciting topic will take us on a journey back in time to the life of the Ancient Egyptians, learning about their customs, gods and pharaohs as well as the discovery of King Tutankhamun’s tomb. For design and technology, we will get the chance to learn about, as well as design and make, our own Egyptian shaduf and in art, we will create our own Canopic jars! We will also be learning about the importance of biomes in geography.
In the Spring term, our history topic focuses on how men, women and children experienced WW2 in different ways. This topic will involve learning about the reasons why war began and how it impacted the rights of the population. This will include looking at how food was rationed and in our design and technology lessons this term we will create a WW2 recipe using rationed ingredients. In geography, we will be campaigning to protect our oceans and we will develop an understanding of why oceans are so important to the world as well as how we can protect them. We will be studying space in science and finding out all about our solar system
Our final history topic of the year during the Summer term is will aim to answer the question ‘How have leisure and entertainment changed since my grandparents’ time?’ This will take the form of a Historical research project where we will interview members of our families about changes to leisure and entertainment in their lifetime. In geography, we will be learning about the rainforests, the ways in which they are being threatened and what is being done to protect them. In design and technology, we will be designing and making our own mobile phone cases!
- Please ensure your child’s name is inside all of their uniform including PE kit and shoes.
- We use Class Dojo to set homework, award team points and communicate with parents. Please ensure you are signed up to Class Dojo using the parent code provided. For more information please click here.
- For further information about the homework your child will be set please click here
- Teachers will update Class Dojo with details of your child’s PE day.
- Pupils should come to school appropriately dressed for P.E. in either school kit (red t-shirt, black shorts/leggings/trousers), or other suitable clothes including t-shirt, shorts or tracksuit bottoms that follow PE kit guidelines. Footwear can include plimsols, trainers or barefoot (depending on the suitability of the activity).
- All children must bring a water bottle from home and take it home at night to clean and refill- please ensure names are on all bottles.
- All children are provided with a red book bag which they should bring to school each day.
- Pupils are asked to read at least 3 times a week at home and should submit their reading diary via Class Dojo.