Welcome to Class 10!
Mrs. McKitten and Mrs. Pearson are our teachers in Class 10 and they work together to create a positive and happy learning environment which encourages independence and resilience.
During the Autumn term, our history topic is ‘What were the wonders of Ancient Egypt?’ This exciting topic will take us on a journey back in time to the life of the Ancient Egyptians, learning about their customs, gods and pharaohs as well as the discovery of King Tutankhamun’s tomb. For design and technology, we will get the chance to learn about, as well as design and make, our own Egyptian shaduf and in art, we will create our own Canopic jars! We will also be learning about the importance of biomes in geography.
In the Spring term, our history topic focuses on journeys and we explore the question, ‘Why have people migrated to Britain?’ This topic will involve learning about the reasons that may impact migration as well as how migration has influenced Britain and our local area. In geography, we will be campaigning to protect our oceans and we will develop an understanding of why oceans are so important to the world as well as how we can protect them. We will learn about the life of Paul Cezanne in our art work and will produce our own still life pieces of art.
Our final history topic of the year during the Summer term is ‘Why is Durham City a World Heritage Site?’ We will explore the origins of how Durham got its name as well as the history of Durham Castle and Durham Cathedral. In geography, we will be looking at what is special about Durham, learning which physical and geographical features shape our county. In design and technology, we will be exploring recipes which are local to the North East and we will be designing and creating our own delicious meal!
- Please ensure your child’s name is inside all of their uniform including PE kit and shoes.
- We use Class Dojo to set homework, award team points and communicate with parents. Please ensure you are signed up to Class Dojo using the parent code provided. For more information please click here.
- For further information about the homework your child will be set please click here
- Teachers will update Class Dojo with details of your child’s PE day.
- Pupils should come to school appropriately dressed for P.E. in either school kit (red t-shirt, black shorts/leggings/trousers), or other suitable clothes including t-shirt, shorts or tracksuit bottoms that follow PE kit guidelines. Footwear can include plimsols, trainers or barefoot (depending on the suitability of the activity).
- All children must bring a water bottle from home and take it home at night to clean and refill- please ensure names are on all bottles.
- All children are provided with a red book bag which they should bring to school each day.
- Pupils are asked to read at least 3 times a week at home and should submit their reading diary via Class Dojo.