Our Curriculum Vision
At Shotton Hall Primary School our ambitious curriculum meets and exceeds the requirements of the National Curriculum. It has been planned to achieve the best possible outcomes for children, regardless of their starting points. Our curriculum is broad, balanced and inspirational. It is regularly reviewed and revised to ensure it:
- builds upon children’s prior learning,
- provides inspiring learning experiences,
- develops interpersonal skills and builds resilience,
- helps children become creative, critical thinkers and highly effective learners.
Our curriculum is underpinned by three drivers:
1. Our curriculum nurtures and develops successful learners who:
- read widely and often with fluency and comprehension,
- are self-motivated, resilient and resourceful,
- can research and find information for themselves,
- can work cooperatively with others to achieve a common goal
2. Our curriculum helps our children become responsible citizens of our local, national and global communities. Our children:
- understand, value and celebrate our local community and its heritage,
- are responsible, respective and active citizens who contribute positively to society, please click here for more information about the charities we are supporting
- are aware of and are interested in global issues
3. Our curriculum helps children grow into confident, happy and healthy individuals by:
- building character and developing a sense of identity,
- supporting the development of physical and mental health, click here to find more information on our Happy-Centered Schools PSHE programme
- being holistic and celebrating academic, personal, social, emotional and spiritual successes,
- identifying our more able and talented children and supporting them in their chosen field,
- providing enriching and inspiring experiences
Please see our assemblies and celebrations page and for further information on how our assembly program supports our curriculum vision.
You can view or download the Long Term Curriculum Plans for each year group by clicking the links below.
Please also have a look at our classes section, for further information on what we have been learning about.
Curriculum map pre-school
Curriculum Map reception
Curriculum map year 1
Curriculum map year 1/2
Curriculum map year 2
Curriculum map Year 2/3
Curriculum map year 3
Curriculum map year 4
Curriculum map year 4/5
Curriculum map year 5
Curriculum map year 6
If you would like more information on how we teach writing, reading, mathematics and PE in each year group please see the documents below.
Durham Music Service
Additional music lessons are provided by Durham Music Service. if you have any queries regarding these lessons please visit the Durham Music Service website.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Shotton Hall Primary School, we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEN Information Report. If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.