Welcome to Class 3.
Mrs. McKitten and Mrs. Hoyland are our teachers in Class 3 and they work together to create a positive and happy learning environment which encourages independence and resilience.
During the Autumn term, our history topic is ‘Who was the First Person to Walk on the Moon?’ This exciting topic will take us on a journey through space, learning about the lives and adventures of Neil Armstrong and Tim Peake and the Apollo 11 mission. For design and technology, we will get the chance to design and make our very own rocket! In English, we will be reading books from the author Beatrix Potter where we will learn about the adventures of Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. We will also be learning about hot and cold countries around the world.
In the Spring term, our history topic is ‘Why did London burn in 1666?’ This topic will involve learning about the events of the Great Fire of London and understanding why this was such a significant event in British history. We will be using Samuel Pepys’ first person recount to learn how it spread and how it finally stopped. In geography, we will be looking at the different seasons and how weather changes over the year. We will learn how to mix different colours to show the different seasons in our art work.
Our final history topic of the year during the Summer term is ‘What makes a Heroine?’ We will explore the reasons why Mary Seacole, Grace Darling and Amelia Earhart are heroines and will make comparisons between them. In English, we will be reading the book The Lighthouse Keeper’s Lunch and for design and technology, we will get the chance to make our very own summer picnic. In geography, we will be looking at what is great about Great Britain, learning which countries and geographical features make up our island.
- PE will usually be on a Monday. Children should come to school in their PE kit on that day and ensure any ear-rings are removed or taped over.
- Please ensure your child’s name is inside all of their uniform including PE kit and shoes.
- Due to the continued situation with COVID-19 we are asking children not to bring bags or items from home into school.
- All children must bring a water bottle from home and take it home at night to clean and refill- please ensure names are on all bottles.
- At present we are unable to send reading books home, please continue to encourage your child to read at least 3 times per week.
- From September 2020 we will be using Class Dojo to set homework, award team points and communicate with parents. For more information please click here
- For further information about the homework your child will be set please click here