Welcome to class 1. We are a Reception class. Mrs Habicht, Mrs Hoyland and Mrs Brotherston work in our class. We are looking forward to lots of exciting learning, making new friends and sharing our learning with our families. Our learning will be shared regularly on our school Facebook page.
‘What are my superpowers?’
In this term, we will get to know each other very well. We will explore how we are similar and different and what makes each of us unique. We will sing lots of rhymes and songs and share stories about families and communities. We will begin to explore numbers and take part in lots of practical activities. We will enjoy discovering all of the different areas EYFS has to offer working both indoors and outdoors. In this term, we will find out what our superpowers are!
‘Can we explore the wonderful world we live in?’
In this term, we will continue to try hard learning and forming our sounds. We will explore different materials and how they can be used. We will share the story of The Three Little Pigs and stories about different homes. We are going to be looking closely at The Jungle and finding out about where some animals might live. We are going to do some art work linked to The Jungle. We will find out about changes in relation to the weather as we explore ice and melting. Towards the end of the term, we will find out what happens in Spring and how things grow. We will develop our understanding of why we celebrate Easter and will design and make Easter hats!
‘How many different ways can we play?’
In this term, we will look carefully at the toys our parents and grandparents may have played with and compare them to the toys we play with today. In literacy, we will be trying extremely hard to write simple sentences independently. We will explore our local area using maps we have created and enjoy lots of outdoor learning.
- PE will usually be on Thursday. Children should come to school in their PE kit on that day and ensure any ear-rings are removed or taped over.
- Please ensure your child’s name is inside all of their uniform including PE kit and shoes.
- Due to the continued situation with COVID-19 we are asking children not to bring bags or items from home into school.
- All children must bring a water bottle from home and take it home at night to clean and refill- please ensure names are on all bottles.
- At present we are unable to send reading books home, please continue to encourage your child to read at least 3 times per week.
- From September 2020 we will be using Class Dojo to set homework, award team points and communicate with parents. For more information please click here
- For further information about the homework your child will be set please click here